Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Motor City Comic Con 2014


The Motor City Comic Con holds a special place in my heart. It was the first comic book convention I travelled over 3 hours to attend. In the early 1990s in Canada, the Toronto Fan Expo was in its infancy and while it did draw a handful of comic guests, but it wasn’t anything like what the Motor City Comic Con offered. Studying at the University of Waterloo, I trekked down to Windsor where my aunt and uncle lived only a few minutes from the border. I always had a great time visiting them and they’ve retired since and left the area. So, it’ll be a bit weird going to the show without seeing them.

I attended the MCCC a handful of times in the 1990s, and was fortunate enough to meet comic book greats like Neil Gaiman, James O’Barr, John Ostrander, Guy Davis, Ron Frenz, and John Byrne.

I’m looking forward to going back to see what their 25th anniversary has in store. And from the looks of the great comic book line-up, it’s going to be a lot of fun.

Frank Brunner
Chris Claremont
Gerry Conway
J.M. DeMatteis
José Luis García-López
Kevin Maguire
Bill Sienkiewicz
Mark Waid

Anybody else going?

For more details, check out their website: http://www.motorcitycomiccon.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails